FSSAI license is crucial for sustenance business administrator (FBOs) in India. It must be acquired by manufacturers, transporters, wholesalers, retailers, trivial vendors and so on. Those qualified according to the prerequisite of FSSA Act, 2006 are required to get the Food permit from the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India before beginning their food business.
Likewise, is it insufficient to get only the permit, but rather it is similarly fundamental that the FSSAI permit is restored inside time to have the capacity to keep working lawfully and consent to the FSSAI directions.
Consequence if the application of FSSAI license renewal is not made within the stipulated time
If the application for FSSAI permit recharging isn’t documented inside accurate time, at that point Rs. 100 for every day of postponement would be charged.
On the off chance that the use of recharging of the permit isn’t been connected inside the stipulated time then it considered as terminated. Henceforth to maintain a strategic distance from the punishment, it is necessary to renew the food license in time.
What is the Procedure for FSSAI Registration/License Renewal
- Visit the Online Food license registration portal.
- For FSSAI registration, the food business operator has to submit Form A to the Food and Safety Authority.
- It is also possible that the license may be declined, Once the application is declined the food business operator has to fill the application within 7 days.
- If the application is accepted, the authority will provide a license to the FBO.
- The food business operators have to display the FSSAI certificate at the place of business during the business hours.
Documents required for Basic Food License
Basic registration is required for the business whose annual turnover is up to 12 lakh rupees. There are minimal requirements for getting Basic FSSAI registration done. Following documents are required for Basic Food License:
- Passport size photo
- Photo ID proof
What Documents are Required for State / Central Food License
A state license is obtained by the food business whose annual turnover exceeds 12 lakh rupees and below 20 crores. The central license is obtained by the food business whose annual turnover is above 20 crores. Following mentioned documents are required for State and Central license.
- Passport Photo
- Address Proof
- List Of Food Category
- Photo Id Proof
- Blue Print/ Layout Plan
- List of equipment
- NOC From MunicipalityIncorporation
- CertificateList Of Directors /Partners
- MOA And AOA
- Water Test ReportImport Export Code
Why you should get FSSAI License
As per the FSSAI Act,
- People keep on finding for food which is healthy and its consumption will not affect them. As well as they have a safety concern, therefore FSSAI has made strict rules which helps to identify the issues within the food products sold by food business operators.
- FSSAI checks the food which is provided by the food businesses, in order to avoid food-related issues. In case they found any suspicious object in the food products, they will not provide the food license to the business holders.