Software development is becoming more and more popular in Africa and there has been a sharp increase in the number of businesses present in this market. In East Africa, software development companies are cropping up and emerging as hubs in Africa for technological evolution.
Hiruy Amanuel, an African Angel Investor, has spent the better part of his life in pursuit of enabling those in Africa with development progress in the IT world. Here, Mr. Amanuel takes a look at the leading companies in the East African software development space:
- Squad Digital: Squad Digital is a unique company that is proud of its African heritage, and they have created a unique platform for software developers. They understand that the mobile phone is not just the primary medium, but in most cases, the only medium to connect and engage people and they utilize the world of digital advertising to create meaningful content. From apps to social TV, Squad Digital uses cutting edge software to study, decode and put the social aspects of human behavior to the test to fit what works for their clients
- BluChip Solutions LTD: Bluchip Solutions is designed with the intention to revolutionize the way retail businesses across all industries manage their business operations and processes. They focus on IT managed services, IT strategy consulting and web development.
- Endeavour Africa Limited: As one of the leading IT solutions providers in East Africa, Endeavour Africa provides HR, business, finance and security solutions to their clients. They are based in Kenya and have earned the trust of clients with their dependable, cutting-edge solutions that will decrease their operating expenses while accelerating their ability to achieve organizational goals.
- ABNO Softwares International: A software company that is based in Kenya, ABNO builds and develops custom business software solutions and ERPs. They have over 15 years in the IT sector and are able to provide state-of-the-art solutions within software development.
- Soft Cloud Technologies: Soft Cloud Technologies is a leading software development, mobile application and website development company in Kenya. Their goal is to offer high quality, efficient and affordable solutions to meet the client’s needs. Soft Cloud’s team of developers are highly qualified and well equipped to deal with changing software development dynamics in the IT sector.
- Litchman Consultants: An award-winning software development company that creates innovative solutions that propel businesses into the future, Litchman Consultants is known for their Native Cross Platform (IOS, Android and Windows) Mobile Applications that enhance user experience and engagement. They offer responsive website designs and software solutions that propel operational efficiency and effectiveness to their clients.
The East African IT sector has shown significant growth in the past few years, and the innovative technologies that are sprouting in the companies mentioned above are changing the landscape.
About Hiruy Amanuel:
Hiruy Amanuel is an innovative investor who strives to bring both economic and technological greatness to Ethiopia and Africa as a whole. He has spent the better part of his life in pursuit of enabling those in Africa with development progress in the IT world. Mr. Amanuel has gone on to co-found Gebeya Inc—an online marketplace that trains and subsequently matches Africa’s IT professionals with the global business market.